Hi,

Sorry this is off topic but I just can`t find anywhere with reliable
information to help me get my .htaccess working on my server. I have followed
many tutorials and none of them give me a working password protected dir, so
if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

My .htaccess file is as follows:

AuthUserFile /usr/home/ukgs/volunteer/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName Bill's Restaurant
AuthType Basic

<limit GET>
require user shaun101
</limit>

And My .htpasswd file just contains the user shaun101 with the scrambled up
password. They are both in the same directory so when I log into my server I
first click usr then home etc etc. But for some reason no matter what I do I
still get direct access to the directory volunteer when I go to it in a
browser.

Anyone have any ideas what I`m doing wrong??

TIA
Ade