I am using openldap 2.0.7.   I am still using PHP 4.0.2 because when I
attempted upgrade to 4.0.4  - ODBC would not compile in. That is strange
because it works fine in 4.0.2.

BEH

Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@sniper.igw.kolumbus.fi> on 01/17/2001
04:07:44 PM

Sent by:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject:  Re: [PHP] Re: Problems compiling LDAP into php 4.0.2

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>      I switched from Netscape to Openldap and it now compiles fine.
>Unfortunately Apache bombs when I try to start it with the following
error:

>Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
>/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: ldap_value_free

You're probably using some 2.x.x version of OpenLDAP?
You should then upgrade PHP to 4.0.4pl1. And then the Netscape
LDAP SDK should work ok too.

--Jani