True, but what if the poster has a FMP front-end to be used with the Web version?
mySQL is non-existent on the desktop.  And FMP makes building front-ends for destop
apps very easy.

Regardless, if you are using FMP on Win32 go through ODBC.  If you are using it on
MacOS you might wait until FMP for OS X, but for OS 9 still use ODBC.  When OS X comes
out you will be able to use the better ODBC available for Unix.  I think the current
MacOS's ODBC is not very good, but I haven't really used it.  In any case I think ODBC
is the best way to go when talking to a FMP database from PHP.

Michael