>Any recommendations for a good, savvy host for doing some PHP/MySQL
>development? Not looking for a free service, obviously, but

> knowledgeable tech support

We try.

> good mysql/php 4/zend support

No Zend yet.

> decent mail handling

APOP for secure POP password.  Sendmail.  Not sure what else you mean.

> and developers tools like: telnet/ssh

Yes.

> emacs

Emacs, yikes!  I hate to imagine 100 users all loading emacs at the
same time.  This might be negotiable per account, upon request.  How
about vim in the meantime?

> procmail

Yes.

> crontab access

Yes, and I wonder how many others offer that?  Not many, I expect.

If you traceroute to vha.sevenkings.net vs. the competition, I think
we compare favorably.  We have good connectivity and ample bandwidth
near a major NAP in Chicago.  We're not on the backwaters like many
competitors are.

We're not fully open yet, but we're ready for some early testers.
Email me if you want to be one and I can let you have a test account
to try out at no charge (for a while, not forever).  We do ask that
testers bring less than 2GB traffic per month with them.  :-)

Egan