Actually, it's excepting the time/date.
It's the path/domain that is creating a problem.

For some reason your original suggestion of
leaving the domain out is working today.
setcookie("ecb",$val,$expires,"/");

I could not get this to work for the life of me
yesterday. Either I was overworked/tired or the
Gremlins were out in force. ... ;-)

Thank for your persistence.....

-Brian
********