> I am trying to conect to a MySQL db and no matter what code I use I am
always
> getting denied, I know the password is correct as I have tested it
elsewhere.
> Just wondering if this could be caused by the fact that the password has a
+
> and a . in it. Would that get me denied, and how can I get around it other
> than changing the PW ??

Can you use the same username/password to start the "mysql" monitor on the
machine with the database on it?

If so, perhaps you've set it up so only the same machine can use that
username/password, but not an external machine.

By Day:                                |By Night:
    Don't miss the Zend Web Store's    |   There's not enough room here...
    Grand Opening on January 23, 2001! |   Start here:
    http://www.zend.com                |   http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm