At 07:19 PM 1/22/01 +0100, you wrote:
>At 19:14 22.01.2001, Larry Jaques said:
>--------------------[snip]--------------------
>>I used this, the sample from "Core PHP Programming" and it gives me a parse
>>error
>>starting on the first line of the change whether the header lines are
>>before or after
>>session_start or the session_ register lines.
>>
>>header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s) . " GMT");
>>header("Expires: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s) . " GMT");
>>header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must re-validate");
>>header("Pragma: no-cache");
>--------------------[snip]--------------------
>
>You're missing a double quote at the gmdate phrase. Use
>   header("Expires: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

Oops, right. That took care of the error but now the variables aren't
passed to the
Session_start/headers/session_register? There are no registries on the output
page but it's blank when I use the headers before/between/after the session
info.

The initial problem was one of Netscape giving me a "Data Missing" error
when I
tried to print the output page. Now I get an output page empty of data.
This is single-
use data but I need it for the duration of the session. Everything worked
fine (without
the cache header callouts) in MSIE5 but didn't in NN4.7

-
Larry Jaques, President  1.760.941.8868
DIVERSIFY! Communications  Vista, CA  USA
1991 - Celebrating Our 10th Year in Business - 2001
Comprehensive Website Development  http://diversify.com