To follow up:

This is definitely the most low-tech (read reliable) way to do it.
Just to clarify what Jørg is saying, create a frameset with two
horizontal frames. The upper frame should be set to a height of "0",
or "*", whatever your preference. The bottom frame should be given a
height of "100%". Turn off borders etc. on your frames, and the
casual user will not see any indication that there is a frameset. You
can also use this technique to maintain JavaScript state between
pages -- letting the upper frame store the objects values as you move
around from page to page.  But this should definitely cloak the true
nature of the URL that is being seen.

However, be aware that people will have problems with bookmarks to
these pages. You can, if you want, create a "self-framing" javascript
around bottom frame, such that if the bottom frame is loaded outside
the cloaking frameset, it creates a frameset from scratch around
itself. That's most elegant.

Kristofer

At 11.40 +0100 01-01-22, Jørg V. Bryne poked the keyboard as follows:

--

Kristofer Widholm
Web Pharmacy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]