You will probably be much happier in the future if you make a
one-to-many setup rather than a many-to-many.

As Mathew said, create your tables with:

BID table:
bidid, projectid, OtherFields

PROJECT table:
projectid, OtherFields

If you are at a project and want to look at bids, just "select *
from bid where projectid ='<CurrentProjectID>'"

Even if you have multiple projects per bid, you might try to
create one bid record for each project in that bid which would
maintain the above methodology.

But having fields such as Bid1, Bid2, etc, is a VERY bad idea. At
various client's sites, I've had to maintain/fix other
programmer's programs who used that technique and it will
strangle the program.

Best regards,
 Randy