Without knowing exactly what you want to do, I would try something like the
following in JavaScript:

function doSubmit() {
         document.form.submit()
}

Then associate the function with any sort of desired event.  In a project
of mine, I have it attached to a keypress function so that the form is
submitted when the user presses the enter key from the last form field.  I
suppose you could also put it in the BODY tag if you're feeling especially
adventurous.