Hi, I cut & paste this from an earlier e-mail from this list, hope it helps:

-
The print() function returns a boolean indicating the status of the call. If
the write was successful, print() returns 1. If not, it returns 0. This can
be used to detect when the client has closed the connection, and appropriate
measures taken. The builtin echo does not provide this same service.

This may be handy for you, though there's probably a lot more to it.

HTH
Jon
-

Regards,