I have this scriptlet:

$items = 6;
$randnum = rand(1,$items);
echo $randnum . "<br><br>";

Always, no matter how many times I hit refresh, it'll always return the
lowest possible value, in this case 1.  If I have rand(4,$items), it returns
four.

So I tried mt_rand(), with this:

$items = 6;
$randnum = mt_rand(1,$items);
echo $randnum . "<br><br>";

This always, without fail, returns the highest possible value.  6 in this
case.

I'm using Apache/4.0.3pl1 on Windows 2000, locally, just to develop.  Could
this be a cache type problem?  Could the gods be conspiring to drive me
steadily insane?

April