>OK, I figured out that I had forgotten the quotes around the path(s), but I
still don't understand the path itself. Will it look in sub directories.For
example:

>include_path=".;d:\sites"
>
>Will PHP look in any subs under sites?

No.  PHP will not dig through subdirectories looking for files to include.

And I think you need ./ on the . entry in your list, and I'm always hesitant
of \ in a string that goes through PHP, so recommend "/" instead:
"./;d:/sites"