I'm fairly new to php and still learning it's nuances, etc.

I've created a site - http://www.more-mtb.org - in which I have used several
php resources from around the net and some which I have created my self. On
the home page of the site I have inserted some code that displays a series
of events from a calendar table in a Mysql dB.

My idea is to display the 4 upcoming events from today (the current date)
including any events that match today's date.

The display works great until I get to the end of the month (like now). I
have separated the date as three rows in my dB (msg_year, msg_month and
msg_day)

when I do the query in my code to select the 4 upcoming events I use the
following:

$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM calendar_messages WHERE msg_active=1 AND
msg_year >= $ThisYear AND msg_month >= $ThisMonth AND msg_day >= $ThisDay
ORDER BY msg_year, msg_month, msg_day ASC LIMIT 0, 4 ");

The problem is, that even though the first three comparisons are met, the
last one , the msg_day is not. At the end of the month the day value is in
the high 20s/30s whereas the day value for the next month is in the low
digits. And even though my query satisfies the first two (three if you count
msg_active) comparisons the fourth is not satisfied and therefore the event
is skipped.

As soon as the next month starts, then I get 4 events.

I know exactly what's wrong, But my non-programmer limitations are coming to
light and I have absolutely no clue what to do next or how to proceed. Any
direction will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin