> I have read through variouos docs to learn about security issues for
running
> a linux/apache/mysql/php server and have learned a lot.  What I'd like,
> though, is to know if there is an overall tutorial on this specific topic,
> where all the info is in one place?  Hopefully aimed at the newbie?

I can't actually answer your question on this, but I think a resource site
where all the info is placed together would be an excellent idea.  I know
that the Cold Fusion community has a site devoted to this.  Count me in if
you want to start developing something like this

Ade

e:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w:     http://www.inovica.com

Web Apps, virtual communities and vertical portals
Hosting and dedicated servers just around the corner
Contact us for low-cost domain name registration