Mark,

The closest way that I know of to accomplish this is to print them more like
you would HTML. So in other words, you can do this:

<?php

print '
<head>
<title>$title</title>
</head>
$content
';

?>

or like this:

<head>
<title><?php print $title ?></title>
</head>
<?php print $content ?>

The only way around these methods that I've seen are using template wrapper
objects and creating the whole thing that way.

Toby