On Friday 02 February 2001 14:47, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > So If possible I'd like to hear from the developers if
> > they have a TODO that includes such things for a 4.X
> > release?

> As for better OO.  I think many of the things people ask for, like
> visibility (public,private,protected) class properties, aren't actually
> features that add functionality, but more just convenience features
> that could be implemented in user space.

I disagree. Just as with strong typing (which I hope will be added to
PHP5 (optional - see how it's planned for Perl6)), language-enforced OO
visibility makes it possible that the *compiler* (interpreter)
immediately catches a bug that could hide for ages otherwise.
Errare humanum est - conventions can't prevent mistakes.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Google results 1-10 of about 142,000,000 for e. Search took 0.18 seconds.

- http://www.google.com/search?q=e