On Monday 05 February 2001 00:51, Lux wrote:
> > But the feature is useless :)

>     function a ($hash, $text = "") {
>        $attr_text = "";
>        while (list ($k, $v) = each ($hash)) {
>           $attr_text .= " $k=\"$v\"";
>        }
>        return "<a$attr_text>$text</a>";
>     }

>     // what also doesn't work
>     // echo a (array("href" => "http://www.google.com/", "target" =>
> "_blank"), "Visit Google!");

Works fine for me, sorry (php 4.0.4)

>     // another example
>
>     echo a ($attrs = array ("href" => "http://www.google.com/"),
>          img ($attrs = array (
>              "src" =>
> "http://www.google.com/images/title_homepage4.gif", "alt" => "Visit
> Google!",
>              "border" => "0")
>          )
>     );

works, rewritten to
echo a (array ("href" => "http://www.google.com/"),
        img (array (
                    "src" => "http://www.google.com/images/title_homepage4.gif",
                    "alt" => "Visit Google!",
                    "border" => "0")
            )
       );

>     /* now ideally, this could be written much more cleanly, perhaps...
>
>     echo a(['href' => [http://www.google.com/'],
>          img(['src' =>
> 'http://www.google.com/images/title_homepage4.gif', 'alt' => 'Visit
> Google!', 'border' => '0'])
>     );
>
>     */

So it basically boils down to "array (a => b)" versus "[a => b]"
And I personally feel the array () notation is at least as nice as the []
one. Well, it's a matter of taste. But it certainly isn't harder to read,
not detrimental on cleanness and elegance of the code.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

discoveries, is not "Eureka", but "That's funny..."

- Isaac Asimov