Hi,

I am using php, mysql and apache on a linuxserver to create some user
home pages,
and I have a problem with names including special chars.
If I retrieve an url including for example

/photos/BendsøeMartin97.jpg

everything is ok using netscape, but it doesn't display correct
using IE.

Apache error log reports: File does not exist:
/photos/BendsøeMartin97.jpg
Using netscape everything is ok and Apache access logs: GET
/photos/Bends%F8eMartin97.jpg

Is there a function to convert the special characters. I checked the
manual, but I only
found translation tables to html entities.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick.