"Dusten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
people
> will need to be able to see this person's "win/loss" record. I have a
script
> that displays all of the ppl registered and when you view their page, you
> can get a real time report on their ratings. As another alternative: I
could
> pass the variables into a 'template' page and create it from there, but I
> didn't want all my links to be buttons with hidden variables in them. I
hope
> I cleared that up.

So essentially what you're doing is taking data from a database and building
static pages based on this data as events occur?  One alternative is to pull
the webpage contents directly from a database in realtime.  Another is to do
the same, but cache the webpages and only pull from the database if a query
condition is met or the timestamp on the cache is older than an acceptable
age.  Your method takes extra storage space, probably doesn't easily allow
for the presentation of the pages to be changed and involves a disk write on
top of a database query.  If you don't want to pass hidden variables or
variables in the URL query string then if you have Apache you can use its
rewrite capability to create "virtual" webpages.  For example, see my site
http://www.sexcriminals.com/.  All of the pages under "Sex Offender
Registries", "News Articles", "Books", and "Useful Sites" are pulled from a
MySQL database and are being handled by a single PHP script that Apache is
directing all web accesses to and which parses the URL to determine what
content to show.  Maybe something like this would work for you.  Then each
person would have a unique static-appearing page.

--
Steve Werby
COO