that this was merely the somewhat out of date and rarely seen _PHP2_ (phew,
I guess...).

So I need to get hosting support for this site up ASAP. I will need support
for both PHP2 and PHP4 (which I will be converting the code to) and both
msql and mysql (again, converting from the former to the latter).  Seeing as

Unless I am grossly mistaken, the PHP/FI (aka PHP2) code simply wasn't
capable of doing that --enable-versioning thing that lets two PHP Modules
co-exist happily.

So you are *not* going to successfully get both installed in one httpd
binary as Modules.

You've got a couple options:

1. Install a whole 'nother httpd on a different port from 80 (say, 81) and
make that the new one with SSL, PHP4, MySQL etc. and port page by page until
you're all done.  Then a quick presto-chango, and you can swap out that
dinosaur.

2. Deprecate PHP2 to use CGI install with a different extension (.phtml or
.php2 or .phpfi or...) and have only PHP4 as a Module.  (Or, vice versa --
PHP2 as module, PHP4 as CGI).

Oh yeah -- msql to mysql conversion is probably going to be a breeze.
Global search and replace and test the page.

--
Visit the Zend Store at http://www.zend.com/store/
Wanna help me out?  Like Music?  Buy a CD: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm