Dhaval,

You really do not nee to be concerned about the temp directory, but if you
are, you can wite a little script (if your not the sysadmin) to find this
out. Actually it tells you a ton of useful info. Here it is:

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Name it phpinfo.php or whatever you like, upload it to the server and view
it. I believe that PHP knows where to look to find the temp file.

As far as moving the file once its uploaded, here you go:

File to create the upload: (show_upload.php)
<head>
<title>Upload a File</title>
</head>
<h1>Upload a File</h1>
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="do_upload.php">
<input type="file" name="img1" size="30"></p>
<P><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload File"></p>
</form>

File to do the work: (do_upload.php)
<?
if ($img1_name != "") {
copy("$img1", "/your/directory/path/$img1_name")
                or die("Couldn't copy the file!");
} else {
 die("No input file specified");
}
?>
<head>
<title>Successful File Upload!</title>
<h1>Success!</h1>
<P>You sent: <? echo "$img1_name"; ?>, a <? echo "$img1_size"; ?>
byte file with a mime type of <? echo "$img1_type"; ?>.</p>

This is taken from Julie Meloni's website. She writes GREAT books. "PHP
Essentials" is essential.
http://www.thickbook.com/extra/php_fileupload.phtml

Thanks Julie!!!

- Shane
DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an expert on this, or any other, topic...