Hi,

Fifteen years ago I did lots of Informix SQL on Unix -- including transaction
processing -- BUT I find there isn't a lot of immediate help from that experience -- I
tried using some webmonkey examples as "basic training" for php with MySQL and got
nowhere.

I'm on Red Hat with Apache 1.3.9, PHP 4.02 and MySQL 3.22.32

Is there a good place to find typical PHP and MySQL code examples for that
configuration?

My pages are "virtual" hosted and I have access to phpMyAdmin 2.0.5 which is a menu
access by my ISP.

My php.ini is at /usr/local/lib

I've built a very small database of five fields in database "eprofitsys" in table
"employees" and would like to connect to it within a .php file.  So, obviously, I am
at ground zero.  Anyone want to lift me up.

Lonnie