Hello all!

I'm VERY new to PHP+MySQL, but I've been writing software for years.  Anyway,
I have a simple question to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I have a PHP app that creates a table and makes entries to it.  Those entries
can then be edited.  I've found that if I hit the "add" button too fast (more
than 1x every 2 sec or so), I will get bad results as the table is printed.

The table printed shows the wrong number of rows for the table (as compared to
the SELECT run from the mysql command line.  Sometimes more, sometimes less.
It also happens that clicking on an item to edit it might also return an empty
result set from the table.

I tried clearing the cache on Nutscrape, but that didn't seem to help.
However, connecting to the database w/ mysql_connect() rather that
mysql_pconnect() seems to have made the problem disappear.

Has anyone else noticed this inconsistent persistent behavior?

Red Hat Linux 7.0
Kernel 2.2.16
Apache 1.3.14
MySQL 3.23.32
PHP 4.0.4pl1

-Michael

--
No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust it
all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one exactly