I converted everythign over to use '.' instead of  ',' but I still get the
same exact results.  That is, $PHP_SELF is resolved to NULL, and every other
variable to the correct data.  Here is the new string:

    echo '<BR><A HREF="' .$PHP_SELF. '?mode=sub_category&category='
.$category. '&sub_category=' .urlencode($subcategories[$index]). '">'
.$subcategories[$index]. '</A>';

I think i'm just going to give up on this and rewrite it, because it DOES
work if I do the old double quotes bit.  Just means I need to re-arrange it
and do it in multiple ECHO statements, because I can't do the urlencode() in
double quotes. But I would really like to understand WHY this doesn't work.
Again, all other varaibles are properly resolved, and in IE $PHP_SELF is
properly resolved.

- John Vanderbeck
- Admin, GameDesign