Hi Don,

This wont work as PHP is a server side scripting language. So by the time
your page gets displayed in a browser, php has already packed up and gone
home. It has done it's job and exited your page.

For your webserver to recognise php it must be incompessed in <?php ?> tags,
or <? ?>. This is so your webserver knows when to start up php (so to
speak).

Inserting the <script...> statement like you did is to late, because all of
the information has already be passed to the browser and php can't write any
more information to the page.

Hope this helps.