Scott Mebberson pressed the little lettered thingies in this order...

> So does anybody have a work around.
> I need this becase I am creating a web updating system using my own code
> and text box. Ie, I use reg epx's to search through 'my code' and change it
> to proper html. Then I search through and find all file references in order
> to upload them. But them I am stuck with strings to files on people's hard
> drives, with no way of uploading??
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks guys for helping out
>

> ""Scott Mebberson"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> 96fcni$kg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:96fcni$kg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to upload a file if the only information you have
> > is the string to the location of the file on the clients hard drive.
> > Also,
> the
> > string was not retrieved using the form method, which I know about. This
> > method can't be used and I need to be able to upload with only the
> location

In order to do ANYTHING on the client computer, you need a CLIENT-
SIDE program.  PHP is handled completely SERVER-SIDE, so no, this
cannot be done in PHP (unless, of course, the client and the server are
the same machine).

You'll be wanting to look into javascript or something more of that flavor.

Good luck...

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AppIdeas.com