Hi all,

Unique ID Software are looking for a new permanent PHP
and MySQL programmer. The company is based in central
London and works in the video/film industry.

The main product is called Cakes (don't ask!) which
transparently manages video footage in a professional
environment. I think we can probably make a claim
for the largest PHP application ever - we're up to
some 100,000 lines or so at the moment, not including
the support C++ programs!

We have a lively and robust office environment, and
meet our clients on a daily basis, so you must be able
to interact well with people.

The major qualifications we need are PHP (3 or 4. Must
be comfortable with classes :-) and MySQL. Anything
else of benefit is a bonus :-)

The initial position is to work on two of the client
sites hosted by us - we make you do some smaller, more
self-contained projects before letting you loose on
the main product :-) If you can prove to us that you
are competent, we'll "upgrade" you to the main team.

UID is a small company at the moment - 7 people in fact.
We are currently being courted by two of the main
industry players to fund us to a much larger company.
This is a good opportunity to get in before the big
expansion happens. OTOH at the moment everyone is
expected to "muck in" and help. You pays your money...

Along with the general "good environment to work in", we
offer a group company personal pension scheme (it's
yours, you can take it with you, but we can contribute
as if it were ours :-), death-in-service benefit (!) and
critical-illness insurance (pays out 80% of your salary
till your pension kicks in if you can't work. 5% "pay"
increase per year). The industry we work in
is a lot of fun, and there are 2 guaranteed trade
shows to go to every year (one in Las Vegas, one in
Amsterdam). This assumes you can talk to people in a
non-scary manner :-)

Feel free to browse the website (www.unique-id.com) and
reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you're interested. CV's
are requested, along with expected salary.

ATB,
        Simon.