I am new to php and I am wondering if it is possible to use a javascript
variable in a php statement for example:

// create sql statement

                $sql = "select * from main where businesstype = "consultancy" and
top.upper.villagename = != "0";";

Is it possible to make this work if "top.upper.villagename" is my javascript
variable this would save having to write many php pages as i could just use
the a generic one with the javascript variable changing.

Thanks

Matt Davis.