...But a scripting engine can process A LOT of information (think about how
much information can be sent with a HTML form in posted variables). Apache
and IIS do not call PHP.EXE sending all posted variables inside command line
arguments... So, how do THEY do it???

Thanks a lot for the patience...
Cheers Diego.

Michael Geier WROTE:

you can pass the $ARGV array as command line parameters

/script.php arg1 arg2

script.php
#!/path/to/php -q
<?
if (count($argv) < 2) {
        die ('Please enter correct number of parameters');
}

echo $argv[1] . " | " . $argv[2] . "\n";
?>

JOE STUMP WROTE:

Yeah - like I said ....

php foo.php -url http://www.mydomain.com/myfile.php