Sorry about that last E-mail!  Here is what I meant:

if (preg_match ("/(@.*@)|(\.\.)|(@\.)|(\.@)|(^\.)/", $emailaddress) ||
preg_match
("/^.+\@(\[?)[a-zA-Z0-9\-\.]+\.([a-zA-Z]{2,3}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$/",$emailaddr
ess))
{
        print "That is a valid e-mail.<BR>\n";
}
else
{
        print "Not a valid e-mail.<BR>\n";
}

The PHP archive can be found at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&r=1&w=2

Josh Hoover
KnowledgeStorm, Inc.

Searching for a new IT solution for your company? Need to improve your
product marketing?
Visit KnowledgeStorm at www.knowledgestorm.com to learn how we can simplify
the process for you.
KnowledgeStorm - Your IT Search Starts Here