From: Jeff Oien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 February 2001 17:27
To: PHP
Subject: [PHP] MySQL COUNT Won't Work

I'm totally stuck on this code. I get the error
"Couldn't execute query." so I know where it's
failing but can't figure out what's wrong. I have
a database with 'title' as one of the fields. Based
on code in PHP Fast and Easy.
Jeff Oien

<?php
$db_name = "Music";
$table_name = "music";

$connection = mysql_connect("localhost", "xxxx", "xxxx")
        or die("Couldn't connect.");

$db = mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection)
        or die("Couldn't select database.");

$sql = "SELECT COUNT (title) FROM music";

$result = mysql_query($sql,$connection)
        or die("Couldn't execute query.");  //<<error from here

$count = mysql_result($result,0,"count(title)");

echo "$count";
?>