I got this from a book but given the fact that it would only search for
one type of information I modified it and it works great, but I wanted
to know what you think about it if anything. Could an array be maid to
trim it down?

if ($search_in == "1"){
   $query1 = "SELECT * FROM FISH where  ID LIKE '%$search_text%'
OR name LIKE '%$search_text%' OR Category LIKE '%$search_text%' OR Color
LIKE '%$search_text%' OR Size LIKE '%$search_text%'";
}

Any feedback would be a preciated.
--
Gerry Figueroa