well, i agree about writing some of my own libraries.... it helps me
get to know the language and the features that i am using better.

Libraries are a "Good Thing", it's just that i've seen loads of people
ask questions (on other lists mostly, since im new here) about things
that they'd know about if they had rolled their own modules once
in a while.  personally, i feel that it's problematic when a person uses
another person's libraries/modules/code without really understanding
what the code does...