ahhh... yes...   :)

the linux version is much stricter when it comes
to table definitions...

i had the same problem trying to declare an INDEX
for my table too.... for linux, any key that
you use as an INDEX on a table must be declared
NOT NULL (whereas the win32 port doesnt seem
to care very much)...

for future reference, i reccomend trying out your
SQL code in the MySQL monitor (the command line
utility that comes with the server)... generally
the error messages are *MUCH* more helpful
than the ones i get via PHP