I send roughly 1M of these and put a sleep() (not usleep - that's microseconds)
into the while loop - I've come up with a decent balance that sends out a good
number (like 5000) and then sleeps just long enough to get them out of qmail's
queue, then it sends another 5000 (and so on).

Usually takes about 24 hours to send out 1M messages.

--Joe