Someone said it already, ODBC would be the best way to go.  BUT, keep in
mind that ODBC support in FileMaker is not by any means complete.  Also
remember that FileMaker is always going to be your bottleneck - not PHP.  I
would suggest looking at MySQL (http://www.mysql.com/) and/or PostgreSQL
(http://www.postgresql.org/) as alternatives to FileMaker Pro.

I think you may also be interested in joining the AMP list at
http://www.developersplace.com/  This list has a lot of Mac people on it
doing Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc. stuff.  There are people there with good
Lasso/FileMaker Pro backgrounds, so they can help you out with any
problems/questions you may run into.

Josh Hoover
KnowledgeStorm, Inc.

Searching for a new IT solution for your company? Need to improve your
product marketing?
Visit KnowledgeStorm at www.knowledgestorm.com to learn how we can simplify
the process for you.
KnowledgeStorm - Your IT Search Starts Here