I've just built Apache 1.3.17 on Free BSD, using php-4.0.1pl2 and linking
with the postgres 7.0.3 as a shared object.

I also linked in mySQL support, which works correctly.  When I try
accessing the posgres database by calling pg_Connect(), my web server
doesn't even display a page, other than "this page cannot be displayed" (in
IE) or "page contains no data" (Netscape).

The error log displays:
(null): Undefined symbol "_PQsetdbLogin" called from
httpd:/com/apache/libexec/libphp4.so at 0x8256498

1) Why isn't the function call resolving?  It appears to be in the postgres
library.
2) What's with the format of the error message?  There isn't a date or
error level field.  I'm guessing the error occurred somewhere very early in
the Apache parsing process.

Does Postgres 7.0.3 work with PHP 4?

thanks