I had this same exact problem just today.  It all stems from the variable
namespace, I think....

A similar code 'snippet' is shown below.  I just made it up, but I think it
illustrates my point.

<?php
session_start ();
function crud ($user, $password) {
    session_register ('user');
    session_register ('password');
    $GLOBALS['user'] = $user;
    global $password;
    /* NOTE: $GLOBALS['varname'] = $value is the same as global $varname.
Either will work....*/
}
echo "User is $user and password is $password";
?>

Good luck with whatever you are doing,

Jeff Lacy

000901c09e7d$16835420$0100a8c0@slinkyboi5">news:000901c09e7d$16835420$0100a8c0@slinkyboi5...