Yes, try lib cURL it supports authentification and even SSL.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Marius David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 5:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] php and apache protected directories

I want to open a html file from a php script. The problem is that the html
file is located in a password protected directory on an apache web server. I
know the user/password for that directory and I want the php script to
handle the authentification automaticly. Is there a way to acomplish this ?

Thank you,
Marius