hi,

i have a query that is comparing a table with 1235 rows with another that
has 635 rows. The query looks like this:

$res = mysql_query("select cust_info.ID, cust_info.first_name,
cust_info.last_name, cust_info.address, cust_info.datestamp from cust_info,
cust_order_info where cust_info.ID=cust_order_info.cust_id order by
$mainsort" . $order . ";");

The parse time with the join is 19 seconds. I have to do a join because
there a different methods that the user must be able to sort by. The parse
time on the cust_info table alone, with a order by is .95 seconds.

Now, we have a RPM binary of mySQL, and when performing the query, not only
is it slow, but sometimes will dump its core.

Does anyone see anything wrong with the query, or should we consider
building the source on our box.. or?

Thanks.