Brandon,

It's a little confusing.

Are you saying:
    1. You have the members area - a directory, what?
    2. You have created a database containing your members information.
and now you:
    3. Want to know how to connect to the database?
    4. Add information to the database about the members?
    5. Have the members add information to the database?

Which database are you using?
What kind of information do you want to capture?

We need more information - Miles Thompson

PS Have you looked at the PHP  & database tutorials at various php sites,
like www.thickbook.com, devshed, php essentials, php builder etc.? /mt