Wen, I'm not clear on what you're looking for. You want to schedule
something in cron to run a script that does what? Cron is a unix scheduling
tool, via which you can trigger shell scripts to occur at specific
intervals/points in time.

Sounds like what you may want is a script that acts only after some other
actions are complete. You could do that by building a script that checks
periodically (presuming there is some trigger to check for) and effects only
when found.

 For instance, you can build a unix shell script like this:

#! /bin/tcsh
/usr/local/bin/mysql -t -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASE <<QUERY_INPUT
select CRITERIA from TABLE;
QUERY_INPUT

then execute it via cron, piping the output to a file.  Making it do what
you want depends on what you want to do, and may require appropriate
knowledge of cron, mysql and php. Start with "man cron", www.php.net and
www.mysql.com.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Wen Ni Leong wrote:

> Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:07:30 +0800
> From: Wen Ni Leong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [PHP] newbie:cron job
>
> I have created a program using PHP3 and MYSQL.  I want to use cron job
> to automatic update the document become active after all the related
> document become active.
>
> Can you please give me some idea how to start?  I really don't have any
> idea.  Please teach me.
>
> Thanks
> Wendy

Kelly