1. Perhaps the browsers aren't accepting the cookies, or there are some
other security settings set too high?  Have you LOOKED in each browser to
see if the cookie is set?

2. Is it the EXACT same version of PHP that you have before/after the
reinstall?

3. It *may* be something to do with register globals being off in your
php.ini file...

Justin