> When using forms, when do I have to worry about cleaning up user data?
> know to use escapeshellarg() when using system functions, but how
about
> when
> using the user data for database inserts? Also, if I do not insert the
> data
> into the database or use any system commands, do I still need to clean
the
> data?

If you're going to do anything with it, then you have to validate/clean
it. This means using it in a query, writing it to a file, displaying it
back to the user, using it in an email, etc. For you're very vague
question, I'd have to say the very vague answer is that you have to
clean EVERYTHING.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/