You should look at E-xact (http://www.e-xact.com). They have a solution
they call "tagged transactions" that actually replaces the credit card
numbers with "tags" that are only meaningful in the context of your
merchant account. That way, you can let your customers make repeat
purchases without actually having to store CC numbers on your site.

Cheers,

Marco

--
php|architect - The Magazine for PHP Professionals