Assuming that php is configued to rewrite the url tags, try turning off
cokkies in the browser and let the Session if carry over. This might help
you debugg it.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Chamberlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 3:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Freaky Deaky
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Re: sessions terminating randomly please help

It's possible you're being afflicted with the same problem I am.  See
the message just one or two above this about "Sessions problem".  What I
found in my debugging is that it had to do with how I was
mix-and-matching the way I specified links.

Short version of the problem is that http://mysite.org/ has one session
and http://www.mysite.org/ has another.  In my code, I sometimes have
the links as <a href="/<page>"> and sometimes it's explicit, as <a
href="http://www.mysite.org/";>.  So if a user went to the site as
http://mysite.org - the pages that used the explicit www.mysite.org
would fail.

So if there's anything in your pages/links that may change how the link
is referred, you may be have different sessions occuring.

I would imagine it should be pretty easy for you to debug whether or not
this is the problem.  Have each of your pages echo out the current
session id (echo 'session is '.session_id().'<br>';) and see if it
changes at any point, and especially on the pages that fail.

-Dave