You need to slow down and think things through.  My recommendation would be
to get a SINGLE PAGE form to work how you want first, then assess the logic
needed to move onto multiple forms.

Also, this was asked a while back, so here was my answer & sample code last
time:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=104371796307302&w=2

Justin