Firstly,

This isn't a php question and should be directed at a sql list or to php-db

Have you lokked at erro 1064 in the manual? What does it say?

There are several things that you should do before coming to the list with a
problem.

Without checking I suspect that you need to specify a 'JOIN' in your
statement - again refere to the manual for instructions.

George