Kris wrote:
I want to be able to thread objects. I'm not really sure at all where to
start. but I want a script where multiple objects are being processed at the
same time.
I have an example php script

<?

$a = new sleeper();
$b = new sleeper();
$c = new sleeper();

$a->sleepFor(10);
$b->sleepFor(5);
$c->sleepFor(1);

class sleeper {

 function sleepFor($num) {
  sleep($num);
  echo "sorry I was a sleep for $num \r\n";

?>

I want so object $c would print then object $b then object $a as the
sleeping time is less and less.
Does that make sense? Please ask if you don't understand

Thanks for any help you can offer what so ever.

Kris

Hi, generally, multithreading (using system threads) within PHP is impossible, AFAIK. Of course running (apache) processes can communicate via shm but it is not multithreading. Your code will be executed sequentially as written. One sleep will start after another ends. There is not known, to me, solution, sorry :(;

--
Mirek Novak
Anima Publishers, s.r.o.

tel/fax: +420577219132